Dog Poop Facts
Dog poop is not fertilizer in fact dog poop is toxic to your lawn. Some poop can act as fertilizer. Specific poop, such as from horses & cows, can be wonderful to cultivate your lawn & garden.
THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR DOG POOP! That is why you need to hire Poop Fairy.
Here are more dog poop Facts:
As you can see, there are many Facts about dog poop that really stink. It is a good idea to educate yourself before you, your family, your dog, or your neighbor’s step into a poopy situation.
Get Free Quote
- The average pup poops around 274 lbs. PER YEAR. That’s a lot of poop!
- Dog poop is toxic to your lawn. It leaves brown, dead patches that are not nice to look at.
- Dog poop is also toxic to your health as it can be filled with E. Coli and other forms of harmful bacteria. These bacteria can cause intestinal issues, kidney disorders and diarrhea. Did you know there are 23 million fecal coliform bacteria present in just ONE gram of pet poop?
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) designated pet poop in the same classification as oil and toxic chemicals—a dangerous pollutant.
- Dog poop contaminates waters which can wreak havoc to you and your family’s health. Even if you think it has been ‘washed away’, the poopy can end up flowing to the street gutters and contaminating groundwater, streams, lakes, beaches and rivers.
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) revealed that pet poop harbors numerous types of parasites. Even after the poop has ‘gone away’, the eggs stick around—for years!
- Many dogs deem their own poop as a snack. Disgusting, but true.
- Dog poop attracts rodents. If you have given up on picking up the poop, expect a few new friends to move in-and their poop too.
- Dog poop can tell you worlds of information about your dog’s health. It is a good idea every now and again to observe the turd. If you see anything out of the ordinary, contact your vet right away!
- Do you see a dirt spot on the carpet? It may be your dog leaving you a little gift. Although your dog poops outside, they can see your carpet as a form of toilet paper and bring it on inside.